Tuesday, September 25, 2012

new home

Sorry I haven't updated for a few days! Been busy with moving to a new apartment! Yay! Our old place had nice high ceilings and a big window looking out over the city from the 14th floor. BUT, it was like living in a shoe box.

Our new place is on the second floor, has a bedroom, living room, office room, window/porch area, spacious kitchen (as opposed to our kitchen-bathroom combo in the last place), a bathroom of course, AND, a new addition: we have a huge loft area; so we actually have  a place to store our stuff! Hurray!

We are very happy with the new place, although we're not fully moved in yet, there's still a lot of sorting to do and we're waiting for  some new furniture to come in.
I'll definitely be posting some pictures of it pretty soon...once it looks nice and cozy.

And, by the way, the reason for the move is because I got the new job working as a filmmaker for a very large publishing company here in Korea. I'm actually only the 6th foreigner they've ever hired, so there's gonna have to be a  bit of getting used to things. I'll share more about what I'm working on and what I get to do for my job once I get the go-ahead from the people upstairs :)  but let me assure you, it's really freaking rad!

4 comments:

Gottmilk said...

This is so great, am happy for you and your new place sounds wonderful. and I fully understand the concept of combos and look forward to someday having a kitchen once again.

Look forward to seeing photos and hearing more about your job. You will be great.

Anonymous said...

WOw!! That sounds exciting!!! Can't wait to see the pictures and hear more about your new job!! Love you guys!
MOM

Carol said...

That's so great, Steven! Look forward to hearing more. Haha, I can totally relate to the bathroom/kitchen combo- that's what I'm living with right now in China :)

Seolhee Park said...

Really really like you and Jinny's new place :) Thanks for the awesome house warming party! ^^